South Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault: Crisis website

Medical information

If you’ve been sexually assaulted or abused, it’s a good idea to have a health check-up — even if you decide not to report the assault to the police. You can have a check-up with your doctor or contact a CASA. This is to treat any injuries, discuss pregnancy options (if applicable) and check for sexually transmissible infections.  If you do not want to speak about the assault, you can say you had unprotected sex.

Return to top